List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lola J. Lee Beno Date:December 5 2008 5:28pm
Subject:Re: Trying to Create a Trigger
View as plain text
David Giragosian wrote:

> I'm no expert, but 'old' is a table, I'm guessing, and it isn't
> referenced in the 'from' clause of the query.
>
> could it be that simple...?
>
> David

No . . . 'old' is a virtual table that is the same as the table I'm
doing work on.  See
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/trigger-syntax.html>.  What I
need to do is check if jobposts record has jobposts.adsource_id (foreign
key) which still exists in adsource table (primary key).  If adsource
record still exists, then do not proceed with deleting jobpost record -
that's what I'm trying to do and thus is what this trigger is supposed
to do.

--
Lola J. Lee Beno - ColdFusion Programmer/Web Designer for Hire
http://www.lolajl.net/resume | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/

Thread
Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerDavid Giragosian5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerJim Lyons5 Dec
        • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerAndy Shellam5 Dec
        • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
          • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerPeter Brawley5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerWm Mussatto5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerAndy Shellam6 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies6 Dec