List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Lola J. Lee Beno Date:December 5 2008 5:07pm
Subject:Trying to Create a Trigger
View as plain text
I'm trying to create a trigger (5.0.45) and I've read the documentation
at mysql.com.  I keep getting a syntax error, but can't figure out what
the error is.  Here's the trigger I'm trying to create:

delimiter //
create trigger jobposts_control
  before delete on jobposts for each row
begin
    declare dummy varchar(255);
    set @counted = (
        select count(ad.adsource_id)
        from adsource ad, jobposts jp
        where ad.adsource_id = jp.adsource_id
        and old.jobpost_id = jp.jobpost_id
    );
    if @counted >= 1 then SET dummy = "Cannot delete this record" end if;
end //
delimiter ;

When I run the set query without the "and old.jobpost_id" line, it runs
correctly.  So the syntax problem is elsewhere, but where?

--
Lola J. Lee Beno - ColdFusion Programmer/Web Designer for Hire
http://www.lolajl.net/resume | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/

Thread
Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerDavid Giragosian5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerJim Lyons5 Dec
        • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerAndy Shellam5 Dec
        • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerLola J. Lee Beno5 Dec
          • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerPeter Brawley5 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies5 Dec
    • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerWm Mussatto5 Dec
      • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerAndy Shellam6 Dec
  • Re: Trying to Create a TriggerMartijn Tonies6 Dec