List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 4 2008 11:23am
Subject:Re: Alter Table - InnoDB
View as plain text
Hi,

>> Since u have cancled the job, those in-complete temp files can be
>> deleted from the file system.
>
> ok - but I'm using InnoDB. The IBdata file is bumped up. There are no
> temp files on the database directory.

What's the problem with a larger ibdata-file? If the index is dropped,
there is free space inside the file that will be re-used.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

FREE Database Workbench Lite for MySQL at the above website!

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
Thread
Alter Table - InnoDBJonas Genannt4 Dec
  • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBAnanda Kumar4 Dec
    • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBJonas Genannt4 Dec
      • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBAnanda Kumar4 Dec
        • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBShachi Govil4 Dec
          • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBJonas Genannt4 Dec
          • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBChandru4 Dec
            • RE: Alter Table - InnoDBRolando Edwards4 Dec
        • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBJonas Genannt4 Dec
  • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBMartijn Tonies4 Dec