List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Genannt Date:December 4 2008 9:50am
Subject:Alter Table - InnoDB
View as plain text
Hello,

we having an 60 GB InnoDB database. The table with the problem is about
12GB.

On of our scripts has got a problem and run 60 times an alter table:

ALTER TABLE `foo` ADD INDEX ( `bar` ) ;

We had to kill the alter table commands with kill on the mysql console.
Now we have one index on the column, but this index is broken. We have
to delete this index.

But the main problem is the disk usage: When this problem occur the
disk usage of the ibdata file bumps up to 85 GB.

I think after I have killed the alter table commands mysql does not
delete the temp tables from the alter table command.

How I can remove the temp tables? - I have also read at some bug
reports if I now restart the database mysql performs an InnoDB recovery
and restores an old temp table to the current table! Is this correct?

Thanks,
	Jonas
Thread
Alter Table - InnoDBJonas Genannt4 Dec
  • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBAnanda Kumar4 Dec
    • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBJonas Genannt4 Dec
      • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBAnanda Kumar4 Dec
        • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBShachi Govil4 Dec
          • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBJonas Genannt4 Dec
          • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBChandru4 Dec
            • RE: Alter Table - InnoDBRolando Edwards4 Dec
        • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBJonas Genannt4 Dec
  • Re: Alter Table - InnoDBMartijn Tonies4 Dec