List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:December 1 2008 10:18pm
Subject:Re: Updating from MySQL 4.0.12 to 5.0.67 Community
View as plain text
Hi Bai,
I think the best option is to read carefully the installation guide,
there are some post installation steps to set up initial privileges,
and everything is explained quite well.
After that if you still have problems please provide more informations
on platform and other points
like the steps and commands you issue and the output you get,
so you 'help' others to help you, the more you are precise, the more you
get help.

Sincerely,

Claudio

Bai Shen wrote:
> I currently have an application that runs on MySQL 4.0.12.  I'd like to
> update it to the newest version of MySQL so I can have multiple applications
> using the one database.  However, I'm running into some permissions
> problems.
>
> When I install MySQL 4.0.12 I set up an administrator user.  Then I run
> mysql.exe and I'm able to create a new database for the application.  I
> don't log in or anything like that.
>
> Now I've stood up MySQL 5.0.67 on another machine.  I've recreated the same
> administrator user, but I'm not sure how to give them the priveleges, since
> I didn't do anything like that with the older version.  And when I try to
> create the database using mysql.exe I get the following error.
>
> ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database
> 'newdb'
>
> So I'm assuming that my permissions aren't setup correctly, but I'm not sure
> what I need to change.  5.0.67 seems to handle the administration fairly
> differently than 4.0.12.  Also, I'm not running the newer version as a
> service.  I don't think that would effect things, but I figured I should
> mention it.
>
> TIA.
>
> Bai Shen

Thread
Updating from MySQL 4.0.12 to 5.0.67 CommunityBai Shen1 Dec
  • Re: Updating from MySQL 4.0.12 to 5.0.67 CommunityClaudio Nanni1 Dec
    • Re: Updating from MySQL 4.0.12 to 5.0.67 CommunityChandru2 Dec