List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shain Miley Date:December 1 2008 7:19pm
Subject:MySQl and LVM
View as plain text
Hello,
I am trying to  plan we in advance our methods for backup and recovery
of our new MySQL replication cluster.  After doing some research it
looks like a lot of people are using LVM snapshots as their backup
solution.  We currently have two MySQL servers with 2 300 GB (Raid 1).
What I am confused about is the best disk layout to use at this point.

Do I need to create a separate volume for the snapshots?  Can anyone
provide any suggestions on disk layout for two disks of this size?

Thanks,

Shain
Thread
Intersect questionAndrej Kastrin1 Dec
  • Re: Intersect questionMicah Stevens1 Dec
    • MySQl and LVMShain Miley1 Dec
      • Re: MySQl and LVMSimon J Mudd2 Dec
        • Re: MySQl and LVMShain Miley2 Dec
    • RE: Intersect questionRolando Edwards1 Dec
  • Re: Intersect questionMicah Stevens1 Dec
  • Re: Intersect questionPeter Brawley1 Dec