List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:November 28 2008 5:34pm
Subject:Re: How to disable some of the mysql query?
View as plain text
At 1:07 AM +0800 11/29/08, Wayne wrote:
>for example,one user has the 'select' right on talbe 'test'(innodb,million
>records),however,he sometimes execute query like 'select * from test'.That
>will slow down the whole database.
>Is there a way to disable some queries for some users? Or,mysql's authority
>can be more detailed?
>thx

As far as I know, you can't impose a limit on max number of records
returned/hour. You can limit number of queries or updates or
connections per hour:

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/user-resources.html

It doesn't appear this has changed in MySQL 6. Depending on your
server setup, you could implement some sort of per-user bandwidth
limit outside of MySQL (perhaps imposing limits only on port 3306
traffic using a packet shaper/traffic shaper), or activate, monitor &
parse the query log

	http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/query-log.html

or at least the slow query log.

On an active server, I would imagine the overhead of a query log and
then parsing it (eg; tail -f /path/to/log | grep ...) would be
significant. If MySQL allows you to log directly to a Unix pipe (eg
query_log = "| some_program_that_monitors_activity") that might
reduce the load sufficiently.

	steve

--
+--------------- my people are the people of the dessert, ---------------+