List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:November 21 2008 3:50pm
Subject:Re: How to determine if temporary table exists
View as plain text
At 12:00 AM 11/21/2008, you wrote:
>In the last episode (Nov 20), mos said:
> > At 08:02 PM 11/20/2008, you wrote:
> > >Try drop table if exists Tablex;
> >
> > Ahhh, I don't necessarily want to drop the table if it already
> > exists. :) If the table already exists then I'll add new rows to it
> > (and keep the existing rows). If the table doesn't exist, then I'll
> > create it.
> >
> > I suppose could count the rows in Tablex and it would throw an
> > exception if the table did not exist . But I really didn't want to
> > resort to trapping an exception in my program. I thought there should
> > be an easy way using SQL to determine if a temporary table exists or
> > not.
>
>Why not "CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS ..."?  If you really need
>to know whether the table existed before or not, that command will
>return a warning if it was there already.
>
>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-table.html

Dan,
      That will work.  :-)  Thanks.

Mike

Thread
How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
  • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsMoon's Father21 Nov
    • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
      • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsDan Nelson21 Nov
        • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
  • Looking at the MySQL binlog and pulling the queries onto one lineAndrew Braithwaite21 Nov