List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:November 21 2008 4:28am
Subject:Re: How to determine if temporary table exists
View as plain text
At 08:02 PM 11/20/2008, you wrote:
>Try drop table if exists Tablex;

Ahhh, I don't necessarily want to drop the table if it already exists.  :)
If the table already exists then I'll add new rows to it (and keep the
existing rows). If the table doesn't exist, then I'll create it.

I suppose could count the rows in Tablex and it would throw an exception if
the table did not exist . But I really didn't want to resort to trapping an
exception in my program. I thought there should be an easy way using SQL to
determine if a temporary table exists or not.

Mike

>On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:53 AM, mos
><<mailto:mos99@stripped>mos99@stripped> wrote:
>>How can I determine if a temporary table exists? Normally I use something
>>like:
>>
>>create temporary table Tablex like Table1;
>>show tables like "Tablex";
>>
>>but the Show Tables never displays any rows for a temporary table even
>>though the temporary Tablex exists. (All in same thread).
>>
>>So is there a better way to determine if a temporary table exists?
>>TIA
>>Mike
>>

>>--
>

>--
>I'm a MySQL DBA in china.
>More about me just visit here:
><http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn>http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn

Thread
How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
  • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsMoon's Father21 Nov
    • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
      • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsDan Nelson21 Nov
        • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
  • Looking at the MySQL binlog and pulling the queries onto one lineAndrew Braithwaite21 Nov