List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Moon's Father Date:November 21 2008 2:02am
Subject:Re: How to determine if temporary table exists
View as plain text
Try drop table if exists Tablex;

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:53 AM, mos <mos99@stripped> wrote:

> How can I determine if a temporary table exists? Normally I use something
> like:
>
> create temporary table Tablex like Table1;
> show tables like "Tablex";
>
> but the Show Tables never displays any rows for a temporary table even
> though the temporary Tablex exists. (All in same thread).
>
> So is there a better way to determine if a temporary table exists?
> TIA
> Mike

I'm a MySQL DBA in china.
More about me just visit here:
http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn

Thread
How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
  • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsMoon's Father21 Nov
    • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
      • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsDan Nelson21 Nov
        • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
  • Looking at the MySQL binlog and pulling the queries onto one lineAndrew Braithwaite21 Nov