List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:November 21 2008 1:53am
Subject:How to determine if temporary table exists
View as plain text
How can I determine if a temporary table exists? Normally I use something like:

create temporary table Tablex like Table1;
show tables like "Tablex";

but the Show Tables never displays any rows for a temporary table even
though the temporary Tablex exists. (All in same thread).

So is there a better way to determine if a temporary table exists?
TIA
Mike

Thread
How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
  • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsMoon's Father21 Nov
    • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
      • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsDan Nelson21 Nov
        • Re: How to determine if temporary table existsmos21 Nov
  • Looking at the MySQL binlog and pulling the queries onto one lineAndrew Braithwaite21 Nov