List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Murphy Date:November 20 2008 4:11pm
Subject:Re: Virtualizing MySQL
View as plain text
Check out Giuseppe Maxia's MySQL Sandbox program. It is a very easy way
to run however many MySQL servers you want with separate config files
and such .. heck..even separate versions if you want (one 5.0, one 5.1,
one 6.0). It is available here: https://launchpad.net/mysql-sandbox

Will take you 10 minutes to set up if you have any perl experience
whatsover..otherwise it might take a half hour. Worth the time.
 Google as there are several presentations on it available online.

Keith

--
Editor
MySQL Magazine

Thread
Using Replication in mySQL version 5Tompkins Neil17 Nov
  • RE: Using Replication in mySQL version 5Mary Bahrami19 Nov
  • Re: Using Replication in mySQL version 5Jim Lyons19 Nov
    • Virtualizing MySQLShain Miley19 Nov
      • Re: Virtualizing MySQLSimon J Mudd20 Nov
        • Re: Virtualizing MySQLShain Miley20 Nov
          • Re: Virtualizing MySQLKeith Murphy20 Nov
          • Re: Virtualizing MySQLJoerg Bruehe20 Nov
            • RE: Virtualizing MySQLJay Blanchard20 Nov
              • (Q) FullText (UTF8)Timothy Little20 Nov
                • Re: (Q) FullText (UTF8)Santino20 Nov
              • Re: Virtualizing MySQLJoerg Bruehe21 Nov
          • Re: Virtualizing MySQLClaudio Nanni20 Nov
            • Re: Virtualizing MySQLMoon's Father21 Nov
  • Re: Using Replication in mySQL version 5Jed Reynolds20 Nov
Re: Using Replication in mySQL version 5Roman Eberle19 Nov