List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Lyons Date:November 19 2008 5:17pm
Subject:Re: Using Replication in mySQL version 5
View as plain text
You will probably want to set read_only = 1 in the my.cnf on the slave so
only super users can change tables.  If you do partial replication, you must
be sure your developers do not cross-reference schemas where one is
replicated and the other is not.  You will either get a replication error
telling you that something doesn't exist or you won't get any error, but the
slave may well get out of sync.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 4:16 AM, Tompkins Neil <neil.tompkins@stripped

--
Jim Lyons
Web developer / Database administrator

Thread
Using Replication in mySQL version 5Tompkins Neil17 Nov
  • RE: Using Replication in mySQL version 5Mary Bahrami19 Nov
  • Re: Using Replication in mySQL version 5Jim Lyons19 Nov
    • Virtualizing MySQLShain Miley19 Nov
      • Re: Virtualizing MySQLSimon J Mudd20 Nov
        • Re: Virtualizing MySQLShain Miley20 Nov
          • Re: Virtualizing MySQLKeith Murphy20 Nov
          • Re: Virtualizing MySQLJoerg Bruehe20 Nov
            • RE: Virtualizing MySQLJay Blanchard20 Nov
              • (Q) FullText (UTF8)Timothy Little20 Nov
                • Re: (Q) FullText (UTF8)Santino20 Nov
              • Re: Virtualizing MySQLJoerg Bruehe21 Nov
          • Re: Virtualizing MySQLClaudio Nanni20 Nov
            • Re: Virtualizing MySQLMoon's Father21 Nov
  • Re: Using Replication in mySQL version 5Jed Reynolds20 Nov
Re: Using Replication in mySQL version 5Roman Eberle19 Nov