List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:dzenan.causevic Date:November 13 2008 9:17pm
Subject:is INSERT into VIEW supported
View as plain text
I have a VIEW that is defined over two base tables. One table is subtype
of another table and it's the VIEW that connects them. Now when I want to
insert into a subtable I have to insert through the VIEW. However I am
getting an error message when I try to insert into a VIEW. I found the
solution to this problem using the TRIGGER with "INSTEAD OF" but that was
from one of the Oracle discussions, and that works only with Oracle.
As far as I know MySQL does not support "INSTEAD OF", and my question is
does MySQL support INSERTS into VIEW? Or is there some way I can insert
into a view?

Thanks

Thread
is INSERT into VIEW supporteddzenan.causevic13 Nov
  • RE: is INSERT into VIEW supportedMartin Gainty13 Nov