List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shain Miley Date:November 12 2008 5:35pm
Subject:Server Setup Question
View as plain text
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had any good insight into running  the 32 bit
and  64 bit versions of MySQL?  We are going to be using a replication
setup within my organization very shortly.  We intend to a have at least
one master (writable) DB and several (let's say 3 for this excersise )
read-only DB's.

One suggestion that I got was to use 64 bit version of MySQL so that we
can make better use of our servers memory as we are using servers that
have 16 - 32 GB of RAM.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not using the 64 Bit version is
a good idea given the setup described above?

Would I need to run the 64 bit version on all the servers or just the
master, etc?  Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Shain

Thread
Server Setup QuestionShain Miley12 Nov
  • Re: Server Setup QuestionSimon J Mudd12 Nov
  • Re: Server Setup QuestionDaniel P. Brown12 Nov
    • Re: Server Setup QuestionShain Miley12 Nov
      • Re: Server Setup QuestionOlaf Stein12 Nov
      • Re: Server Setup QuestionJake Maul15 Nov
  • Re: Server Setup QuestionJake Maul15 Nov