List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shain Miley Date:November 12 2008 5:35pm
Subject:Server Setup Question
View as plain text
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone had any good insight into running  the 32 bit
and  64 bit versions of MySQL?  We are going to be using a replication
setup within my organization very shortly.  We intend to a have at least
one master (writable) DB and several (let's say 3 for this excersise )
read-only DB's.

One suggestion that I got was to use 64 bit version of MySQL so that we
can make better use of our servers memory as we are using servers that
have 16 - 32 GB of RAM.

Does anyone have any info on whether or not using the 64 Bit version is
a good idea given the setup described above?

Would I need to run the 64 bit version on all the servers or just the
master, etc?  Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Server Setup QuestionShain Miley12 Nov
  • Re: Server Setup QuestionSimon J Mudd12 Nov
  • Re: Server Setup QuestionDaniel P. Brown12 Nov
    • Re: Server Setup QuestionShain Miley12 Nov
      • Re: Server Setup QuestionOlaf Stein12 Nov
      • Re: Server Setup QuestionJake Maul15 Nov
  • Re: Server Setup QuestionJake Maul15 Nov