List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Waynn Lue Date:November 12 2008 9:10am
Subject:Re: Row before and after?
View as plain text
Whoops, just realized I made a mistake in the examples.  What I'm really
looking for is these two queries:

SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserId > *userid*;
SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserId < *userid*;

Waynn

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:14 AM, Waynn Lue <waynnlue@stripped> wrote:

> I'm trying to find the first row before and the first row after a specific
> row.  Essentially I want to do these two queries, and get each row.
>
> SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserId = <userId> ORDER BY UserId DESC LIMIT 1;
> SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserId = <userId> ORDER BY UserId LIMIT 1;
>
> Is there any way to combine this into one query?  OFFSET doesn't allow a
> negative number, which is essentially what I want.
>
> Thanks,
> Waynn

Thread
Row before and after?Waynn Lue12 Nov
  • Re: Row before and after?Waynn Lue12 Nov
    • Re: Row before and after?Micah Stevens12 Nov
      • Re: Row before and after?Peter Brawley12 Nov
  • RE: Row before and after?Jerry Schwartz12 Nov
  • Re: Row before and after?Dan Nelson12 Nov
    • Re: Row before and after?Waynn Lue16 Nov