List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Waynn Lue Date:November 12 2008 8:14am
Subject:Row before and after?
View as plain text
I'm trying to find the first row before and the first row after a specific
row.  Essentially I want to do these two queries, and get each row.

SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserId = <userId> ORDER BY UserId DESC LIMIT 1;
SELECT * FROM Users WHERE UserId = <userId> ORDER BY UserId LIMIT 1;

Is there any way to combine this into one query?  OFFSET doesn't allow a
negative number, which is essentially what I want.

Thanks,
Waynn

Thread
Row before and after?Waynn Lue12 Nov
  • Re: Row before and after?Waynn Lue12 Nov
    • Re: Row before and after?Micah Stevens12 Nov
      • Re: Row before and after?Peter Brawley12 Nov
  • RE: Row before and after?Jerry Schwartz12 Nov
  • Re: Row before and after?Dan Nelson12 Nov
    • Re: Row before and after?Waynn Lue16 Nov