List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:November 9 2008 5:01pm
Subject:RE: Tuning a MySQL desktop database
View as plain text
Quiesce ALL slaves if you have master/slave DB's

Once you've implemented explain plans..check any SQL statements which produce Full Table
Scans
If so You'll want to implement Indexes on <compsite> columns for those join
conditions to implement a Unique Constraint
you will need to extract out the data and reload as The table now accepts unique data
items only

Get familiar with export routines available via mysqladmin to export the data
recreate the Tables with the Unique column constraint
create the indexes to use those unique columns
and finally use mysqladmin to import the data to those tables

HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content
contained within this transmission.

> Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:44:29 +0100
> From: s.nait-mouloud@stripped
> To: passionate_programmer@stripped
> Subject: Re: Tuning a MySQL desktop database
> CC: mysql@stripped
>
> Hello,
>
> Here, you can get some help:
>
> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2006/09/29/what-to-tune-in-mysql-server-after-installation/
>
> Regards.
> ----
> Salah NAIT-MOULOUD
> www.echovox.com  |  www.m-boost.com
>
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 12:33 PM, RP Khare <passionate_programmer@stripped
> > wrote:
>

> > We are testing MySQL in production environment with real data. When the
> > application is ready and all tests have been conducted well, we will finally
> > migrate to MySQL Enterprise.
> >
> > At present our application is running on a desktop machine with MySQL 5.1
> > Community Edition installed on it. MySQL 5.1 is using default settings.
> >
> > Machine is: Pentium 4 with 256 MB RAM.
> >
> > What settings I need to change to tune MySQL?

> > Rohit.

> > Movies, sports & news! Get your daily entertainment fix, only on live.com
> > http://www.live.com/?scope=video&form=MICOAL

Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119462413/direct/01/
Thread
Tuning a MySQL desktop databaseRP Khare9 Nov
  • Re: Tuning a MySQL desktop databaseSalah Nait-Mouloud9 Nov
    • RE: Tuning a MySQL desktop databaseMartin Gainty9 Nov
  • Re: Tuning a MySQL desktop databaseJoerg Bruehe11 Nov
    • RE: Tuning a MySQL desktop databaseRP Khare11 Nov
      • Re: Tuning a MySQL desktop databaseJake Maul11 Nov
RE: Tuning a MySQL desktop databasemos12 Nov