List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Smith Date:October 30 2008 5:25pm
Subject:mysql dump problems, no data dumped
View as plain text
Hi,

Im having an issue using mysqldump to dump a DB from comercial app which
includes mysql 4.0.18-pro. It doesnt however include mysql dump for online
backups so Im using the one installed by default in my linux dist which as
you can see below is version 10.11. My problem is that the dump is exiting
with exist status 0 but Im not getting any of the data dumped. The WHOLE
dump is shown in text below:

-- MySQL dump 10.11
--
-- Host: localhost    Database: OpManagerDB
-- ------------------------------------------------------

/*!40101 SET SQL_MODE=@OLD_SQL_MODE */;
/*!40014 SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS */;
/*!40014 SET UNIQUE_CHECKS=@OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS */;
/*!40111 SET SQL_NOTES=@OLD_SQL_NOTES */;

-- Dump completed on 2008-10-27 13:50:53

Can anyone help me? I need to work out why no data is written,

thanks Andy.

Thread
mysql dump problems, no data dumpedAndy Smith30 Oct
  • Re: mysql dump problems, no data dumpedMoon's Father31 Oct
  • Re: mysql dump problems, no data dumpedJim Lyons31 Oct
RE: mysql dump problems, no data dumpedAndy Smith31 Oct
RE: mysql dump problems, no data dumpedAndy Smith4 Nov