List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sean Hynes Date:April 21 1999 2:56am
Subject:NT vs Linux
View as plain text
We are debating mySQL on NT vs Linux. I know linux doesn't have the gui
overhead and is more stable, but we don't have time to learn
command line operation on Linux. How much of a preformance loss are we
looking at for strictly a NT/IIS 4.0 database server vs. Linux/ Apache
system? Each server is a standalone database server.

What kind of advantages and disadvanteges do each have?

We are running Web Apps from a browser.

Thanks

Sean Hynes
President - Weblogix
High-Impact Web Design & Hosting
http://www.weblogixinc.com

Thread
NT vs LinuxSean Hynes21 Apr
  • Re: NT vs LinuxSasha Pachev21 Apr
  • Re: NT vs LinuxAllen Bolderoff21 Apr
  • Re: NT vs LinuxBrian Timmins21 Apr
  • Re: NT vs Linux ( a little OT)Steve Edberg21 Apr
  • Re: NT vs LinuxFred Read21 Apr
Re: NT vs LinuxBrian R Timmins21 Apr