List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:October 30 2008 3:58am
Subject:Re: when calling mysql_real_connect from the c api, I get a malloc()
memory corruption error.
View as plain text

Kevin Stevens schrieb:
> ello,
> I am encountering a problem I just can't seem to figure out and I am out of ideas. I
> can compile and run fine on one linux box running Mysql 5.1.23-rc, but as soon as I scp
> the binary and its required libs to another machine which has identical hardware and only
> a slightly upgraded distro (but also running 5.1.23-rc), I get a glibc malloc(): memory
> corruption: *** error, which traces back to the mysql_real_connect() call. I ran ldd -v on
> the binary on both machines and there are some differences, but they don't look important.
> I have run this binary on other machines before with no issues.
>
> I can connect to the database on the troubled machine both locally from the client
> and through my program from a different machine, but my program craps out when I run it
> locally on this new box. What could be going wrong? The database connection is one of the
> first things the program does- before we do any significant allocation of memory, so I
> really do not believe that this is a problem with my program (it has also been continually
> tested with many different data sets).
>
> I checked the bug database and this forum and could not find any relevant
> information, if you have any ideas, please let me know! Below is the output from my
> program, and the code I am using to connect- am I doing something wrong there? If there is
> any more information I can provide, please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
> -Kevin

hi Kevin,
can you reproduce the bug when using a smaler version of you program ? a version that only
open/close a connection ?

re,
 wh
Thread
when calling mysql_real_connect from the c api, I get a malloc()memory corruption error.Kevin Stevens29 Oct
  • Re: when calling mysql_real_connect from the c api, I get a malloc()memory corruption error.Micah Stevens29 Oct
  • Re: when calling mysql_real_connect from the c api, I get a malloc()memory corruption error.walter harms30 Oct