List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Moon's Father Date:October 25 2008 6:44am
Subject:Re: Tables are too wide
View as plain text
Just use another term will solve your problem.Or you can use pager more in
mysql command line client.

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Dan Nelson <dnelson@stripped>wrote:

> In the last episode (Sep 27), Alex Katebi said:
> > Hi,
> >
> >   When selecting (example: select * from mysql.db ) some of the mysql
> > database tables the result set does not fit in a standard xterm window.
> Is
> > there any terminal display program in Linux that has a horizontal scroll
> bar
> > that I can use? Or what can I do to split the table output to fit on my
> > screen?
>
> You can pipe results though less (which can display long lines
> unwrapped with -S) by running "pager" before sending your query.
> "nopager" turnes it off.
>
> --
>        Dan Nelson
>        dnelson@stripped

I'm a MySQL DBA in china.
More about me just visit here:
http://yueliangdao0608.cublog.cn

Thread
Tables are too wideAlex Katebi27 Sep
  • Re: Tables are too wideOlexandr Melnyk27 Sep
  • Re: Tables are too widePeter Brawley27 Sep
  • Re: Tables are too wideDan Nelson27 Sep
    • Re: Tables are too wideMoon's Father25 Oct