List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:philip Date:October 15 2008 9:28am
Subject:Re: Problem with GROUP BY
View as plain text
> Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:55:11 +0300
> From: Olexandr Melnyk <omelnyk@stripped>
> To: peter.brawley@stripped, mysql@stripped
> Subject: Re: Problem with GROUP BY
>
> http://jan.kneschke.de/projects/mysql/groupwise-max
>
> 2008/10/14 Peter Brawley <peter.brawley@stripped>
>
> > Philip
> >
> >  mysql> SELECT number, MAX(event), name FROM info GROUP BY number;
> >>

> > For discussion & examples see "Within-group aggregates" at
> > http://www.artfulsoftware.com/queries.php.

Thank you both very much for your replies.

Of course the solution is 'obvious' now I know the answer but as a
relative newcomer to MySQL I had spent the best part of a day trying to
find it.

TTFN,

   Philip Riebold, p.riebold@stripped       /"\
   Media Services                            \ /
   University College London                  X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
   Windeyer Building, 46 Cleveland Street    / \ Against HTML Mail
   London, W1T 4JF
   +44 (0)20 7679 9259 (switchboard), 09259 (internal)
Thread
Why different engines in one database?hezjing12 Oct
  • Re: Why different engines in one database?D. Dante Lorenso12 Oct
    • Problem with GROUP BYphilip14 Oct
      • Re: Problem with GROUP BYPeter Brawley14 Oct
        • Re: Problem with GROUP BYOlexandr Melnyk14 Oct
          • Re: Problem with GROUP BYphilip15 Oct
            • Re: Problem with GROUP BYMoon's Father21 Oct
  • Re: Why different engines in one database?Simon J Mudd12 Oct