List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:D. Dante Lorenso Date:October 12 2008 2:53am
Subject:Re: Why different engines in one database?
View as plain text
How about ...

Use InnoDB for all the transaction important data.  Maybe you want to
create a powerful search for your stock table, though and maybe that
table contains millions of records.

You can't use full-text search with InnoDB but you can with MyISAM.  You
   could put some of the not-so-important text in the MyISAM table and
enable full-text searches there.  Sure, the MyISAM table doesn't do
cascading deletes, foreign keys, or transactions, but it's just used for
searches and isn't a high-priority table.  It can be updated once a
night at 3am when the database load is lowest.

-- Dante

--
----------
D. Dante Lorenso

Thread
Why different engines in one database?hezjing12 Oct
  • Re: Why different engines in one database?D. Dante Lorenso12 Oct
    • Problem with GROUP BYphilip14 Oct
      • Re: Problem with GROUP BYPeter Brawley14 Oct
        • Re: Problem with GROUP BYOlexandr Melnyk14 Oct
          • Re: Problem with GROUP BYphilip15 Oct
            • Re: Problem with GROUP BYMoon's Father21 Oct
  • Re: Why different engines in one database?Simon J Mudd12 Oct