List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hezjing Date:October 12 2008 12:58am
Subject:Why different engines in one database?
View as plain text
Hi
When and why we create tables in different storage engines within a same
database?

Take for example a normal inventory application that provides CRUD operation
- USER table (e.g. create new user)
- STOCK table (e.g. when there is new stock arrives)
- CUSTOMER table (e.g. create new customer)
- SALE table (e.g. when a stock is bough by a customer)

I think it is always a best choice to use InnoDB since many applications are
transactional.

How would one wants to create a USER table in MyISAM engine and SALE table
in InnoDB engine?

Can you give some example?

Thank you!

--

Hez

Thread
Why different engines in one database?hezjing12 Oct
  • Re: Why different engines in one database?D. Dante Lorenso12 Oct
    • Problem with GROUP BYphilip14 Oct
      • Re: Problem with GROUP BYPeter Brawley14 Oct
        • Re: Problem with GROUP BYOlexandr Melnyk14 Oct
          • Re: Problem with GROUP BYphilip15 Oct
            • Re: Problem with GROUP BYMoon's Father21 Oct
  • Re: Why different engines in one database?Simon J Mudd12 Oct