List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:walter harms Date:October 7 2008 12:10pm
Subject:Re: C api - mysql_list_fields
View as plain text

Mike Aubury schrieb:
> Excellent - this seems to be the issue - the show create table shows :
>
>  mysql> show create table a\g
>
> +-------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | Table | Create
> Table                                                                           |
>
> +-------+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
> | a     | CREATE TABLE `a` (
>   `blah` char(20) default NULL
> ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 |
> +-------+-----------
>

> So - its utf8 (which I understand enough about to understand why its doing
> what its doing!)
>
> So - the next question is...
> Is there anyway in code I can find the 'fiddle' factor (1,3,or now possibly 4)
> that I need to use to divide by to get back to the character width specified
> in the CREATE TABLE ?

why do you want to do that ?
i would expect that mysql uses wchar_t for char() if utf8 is selected.

re,
 wh

Thread
C api - mysql_list_fieldsMike Aubury6 Oct
  • Re: C api - mysql_list_fieldsDoug Bridgens7 Oct
  • Re: C api - mysql_list_fieldsSimon J Mudd7 Oct
  • Re: C api - mysql_list_fieldsJoerg Bruehe7 Oct
    • Re: C api - mysql_list_fieldsMike Aubury7 Oct
      • Re: C api - mysql_list_fieldswalter harms7 Oct