List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex K Date:October 3 2008 4:55pm
Subject:Re: simple design choice
View as plain text
2) is probably cleaner but a hassle as well because one needs to make
sure all user_ids are also in this new table.

2008/10/3 Alex K <spaceoutlet@stripped>:
> Hello,
>
> I have a table of a 1 million users. I want to add a flag called
> delete if a user wants to delete his account. Note that this situation
> does not happen a lot.
>
> 1) Should I alter my users table and add a delete flag to the users table.
>>> it's easy to update however it uses a lot of unnecessary space.
>
> 2) Should I create a new table user_id, flag already prefilled with
> all user_ids.
>
> 3) Should I create a new table called deleted_users that has a user_id
> if this user wants to be deleted.
>>> it's hassle to update but takes into consideration the spareness of the
> data.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Alex

Thread
simple design choiceAlex K3 Oct
  • Re: simple design choiceAlex K3 Oct
  • Re: simple design choiceRob Wultsch3 Oct
    • Re: simple design choiceMr. Shawn H. Corey3 Oct
      • Re: simple design choiceAlex K3 Oct
        • RE: simple design choiceUS Data Export3 Oct
        • Re: simple design choiceMoon's Father24 Oct
  • RE: simple design choiceMartin Gainty3 Oct
  • Re: simple design choiceFish Kungfu3 Oct
    • Re: simple design choiceAndy Shellam3 Oct