List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex K Date:October 3 2008 4:49pm
Subject:simple design choice
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a table of a 1 million users. I want to add a flag called
delete if a user wants to delete his account. Note that this situation
does not happen a lot.

1) Should I alter my users table and add a delete flag to the users table.
>> it's easy to update however it uses a lot of unnecessary space.

2) Should I create a new table user_id, flag already prefilled with
all user_ids.

3) Should I create a new table called deleted_users that has a user_id
if this user wants to be deleted.
>> it's hassle to update but takes into consideration the spareness of the data.

Thank you,

Alex
Thread
simple design choiceAlex K3 Oct
  • Re: simple design choiceAlex K3 Oct
  • Re: simple design choiceRob Wultsch3 Oct
    • Re: simple design choiceMr. Shawn H. Corey3 Oct
      • Re: simple design choiceAlex K3 Oct
        • RE: simple design choiceUS Data Export3 Oct
        • Re: simple design choiceMoon's Father24 Oct
  • RE: simple design choiceMartin Gainty3 Oct
  • Re: simple design choiceFish Kungfu3 Oct
    • Re: simple design choiceAndy Shellam3 Oct