List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rene Fournier Date:September 30 2008 2:39pm
Subject:Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and ps
View as plain text
So with skip-name-resolve in my.cnf (and MySQL restarted), it should
be okay to have user@localhost in the GRANT table since localhost
resolves without DNS lookup? Or do I need to specify user@stripped?

Sorry, just need to clarify this bit before changing a few things.
Thanks again.

...Rene

On 24-Sep-08, at 3:33 PM, Ken Menzel wrote:

>   Yes, you can still use a hostname in the connection string, that's
> not what mysql uses it for, that hostname gets you from the client
> to the server.  If you use GRANT to permit access from certain hosts
> IE 'grant all on mydb.* to 'mydbuuser'@'%.mydomain.com'.  Then the
> server will not be able to resolve those named permissions from the
> connecting  IP back to a domain name matched to a grant to allow
> login. Also I don't think you can use subnets in a grant, you can
> use a single IP. However  'myuser'@'%' should continue to work just
> fine as should localhost using the file socket.  Everything else
> should behave normally.  Localhost connections are usually through
> the the mysql socket file (/tmp/mysql.sock) not 127.0.0.1 and is
> mapped to localhost.

Thread
Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problemRene Fournier22 Sep
Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problemRene Fournier22 Sep
  • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problemJeffrey Santos23 Sep
    • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problemRene Fournier23 Sep
      • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problemDoug Bridgens23 Sep
        • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problemRene Fournier23 Sep
          • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problemDoug Bridgens23 Sep
        • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and psRene Fournier23 Sep
          • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and psKen Menzel23 Sep
            • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and psRene Fournier24 Sep
              • RE: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and psMartin Gainty24 Sep
                • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and psRene Fournier30 Sep
              • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and psKen Menzel24 Sep
                • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and psRene Fournier30 Sep
                  • Re: Ancient, unsolved high-CPU problem -- vmstat, top and psKen Menzel30 Sep