List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Scherrey Date:April 21 1999 1:40am
Subject:Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?
View as plain text
What's the field type in your database table? If its a numeric type your
insert should fail for non-numeric data which is a pretty good indicator your
webpage entry was invalid. What client interface mechanism are you using for
your connectivity to the server (Java, Perl, et al)?

    later,

        Ben Scherrey

Jochen Haeberle wrote:

> is there a way to check if a value is a number?
> Something like SELECT isNumber(string)?
>
> I am having problems at my website the people are sometimes entering
> strings into fields that will be calculated with later on in MySQL
> (currency units). I know there are other solutions to checking if a
> value is a number (including JavaScript), but I do not want to use
> another solution just for this.

Thread
help! restoringpete collins19 Apr
  • Re: help! restoringChristian Mack20 Apr
    • Is there a way to know if It's a number?Jochen Haeberle20 Apr
      • Is there a way to know if It's a number?Michael Widenius21 Apr
        • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Paul DuBois21 Apr
  • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Benjamin Scherrey21 Apr
    • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Thimble Smith21 Apr
  • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Fred Read21 Apr
Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Christopher R. Jones21 Apr
  • Re: Is there a way to know if It's a number?Graham Ashton22 Apr