List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Monroe Date:September 26 2008 10:03pm
Subject:Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28
View as plain text
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Ian Monroe <ian@stripped> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Ian Monroe <ian@stripped> wrote:
>> So we're using MySQL Embedded in Amarok, it works fine for most of us
>> that use 5.1, including myself. However the following backtrace is
>> from the second person to have this issue. Its repeatable, happens at
>> startup.
>>
>> Is there something about how their MySQL is setup on their system that
>> could cause such a crash?
> [snip]
>>    mysql_library_init(num_elements, server_options, server_groups);
>>    m_db = mysql_init(NULL); // <- crash happens HERE
>
> So we did figure out that mysql_library_init is returning 1, which
> explains why mysql_init is crashing.
>
> But how do we figure out what exactly the '1' means? Any clues?

I created a bug for this "why is it returning 1?" issue:
http://bugs.mysql.com/39693

Ian
Thread
Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Ian Monroe26 Sep
  • Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Ian Monroe26 Sep
    • RE: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Martin Gainty26 Sep
      • Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Ian Monroe26 Sep
    • Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Ian Monroe27 Sep