List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Monroe Date:September 26 2008 6:55pm
Subject:Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28
View as plain text
On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Ian Monroe <ian@stripped> wrote:
> So we're using MySQL Embedded in Amarok, it works fine for most of us
> that use 5.1, including myself. However the following backtrace is
> from the second person to have this issue. Its repeatable, happens at
> startup.
>
> Is there something about how their MySQL is setup on their system that
> could cause such a crash?
[snip]
>    mysql_library_init(num_elements, server_options, server_groups);
>    m_db = mysql_init(NULL); // <- crash happens HERE

So we did figure out that mysql_library_init is returning 1, which
explains why mysql_init is crashing.

But how do we figure out what exactly the '1' means? Any clues?

Ian
Thread
Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Ian Monroe26 Sep
  • Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Ian Monroe26 Sep
    • RE: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Martin Gainty26 Sep
      • Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Ian Monroe26 Sep
    • Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28Ian Monroe27 Sep