List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Stewart Date:September 26 2008 2:42pm
Subject:Speed up slow SQL statement.
View as plain text
Good morning everyone,

I've got a sql statement that is running quite slow. I've indexed
everything I can that could possibly be applicable but I can't seem to
speed it up.

I've put up the table structures, row counts, the sql statement and
the explain dump of the sql statement all in paste online here
http://pastebin.com/m46cced58

I'm including the sql statement itself here as well:

select distinct products.id as id,
   products.created_at as created_at,
   products.asin as asin,
   products.sales_rank as sales_rank,
   products.points as points
from products
inner join (browse_nodes, browse_nodes_to_products) on
   (browse_nodes.amazon_id = browse_nodes_to_products.browse_node_id
and products.id = browse_nodes_to_products.product_id)
where browse_nodes.lft >= 5 and browse_nodes.rgt <= 10
  order by products.sales_rank desc limit 10 offset 0;

What I'm trying to accomplish with this is to get an ordered list of
unique products found under a category.

Any ideas on how I could speed this up?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Stewart
e.stewart@stripped
Thread
Speed up slow SQL statement.Eric Stewart26 Sep
  • RE: Speed up slow SQL statement.Martin Gainty26 Sep
    • Re: Speed up slow SQL statement.Eric Stewart29 Sep
      • Re: Speed up slow SQL statement.Rob Wultsch29 Sep
        • Re: Speed up slow SQL statement.Moon's Father25 Oct