List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John G. Heim Date:September 25 2008 8:28pm
Subject:confused about logging
View as plain text
My web server is running drupal. Yesterday it started giving error messages
instead of displaying the hom page. The error says, "The MySQL error was:
Host 'web1.math.wisc.edu' is blocked because of many connection errors;
unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'."

I want to find out why that happened. I'm running the mysql debian package
for etch (stable).  It installs mysql 5.0.  The default my.cnf says this:

# Be aware that this log type is a performance killer.
#log  = /var/log/mysql/mysql.log
# Error logging goes to syslog. This is a Debian improvement :)

Two questions:
1. Is it a performance killer?
2. There was nothing in the system log. The only messages  about mysql were
from restarting the server.

Thread
confused about loggingJohn G. Heim25 Sep