List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:chandru Date:September 20 2008 8:17am
Subject:Re: too many connections
View as plain text
Hi,
  I think you need to take into consideration the following thins:

1. The number of connections that can come at any point of time
(depending up on the statisics) set global max_connections=1000
2.decrease the wait time out variable wait_timeout=30 or even lower
value depending upon connections.
3. Also check if the queries are getting locked or do you have any slow
queries during that time.

please let me know what are your current values for the above parameters
what is the value of
`netstat -an |grep -i est |wc -l` during the time of the error

Regards,
Pradeep Chandru.

Brent Baisley wrote:
> One thing a lot of people miss is that web server KeepAliveTimeout
> setting has an effect on pconnect. Apache will keep the thread
> handling that client open for the KeepAliveTimeout duration, which
> will keep the database connection open for reuse.
> You can lower your KeepAliveTimeout or not use pconnect.
>
> Brent Baisley
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Jaime Fuentes <jfuentes@stripped> wrote:
>
>> You have to use mysql 64bits on S.O. 64bits

********** DISCLAIMER **********
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to
Sify Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to
confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a
forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with
the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an
agent of the intended recipient or a  person responsible for delivering the
information to the named recipient,  you are notified that any use,
distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this
information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us
immediately at admin@stripped
Thread
too many connectionsGail Kinney19 Sep
  • Re: too many connectionsOlexandr Melnyk19 Sep
    • Re: too many connectionsMadan Thapa19 Sep
  • Re: too many connectionsJake Peavy19 Sep
  • RE: too many connectionsGary W. Smith19 Sep
    • Re: too many connectionsOlexandr Melnyk19 Sep
      • Re: too many connectionsMichael Dykman19 Sep
RE: too many connectionsMartin Gainty19 Sep
Re: too many connectionsOlexandr Melnyk19 Sep
Re: too many connectionsJaime Fuentes19 Sep
  • Re: too many connectionsBrent Baisley19 Sep
    • Re: too many connectionschandru20 Sep