List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:September 18 2008 10:32pm
Subject:Re: innodb log files but we only use MYISAM
View as plain text
In the last episode (Sep 18), AM Corona said:
> I see the following log files
>
> -rw-rw----  1 mysql mysql   10485760 Sep 16 17:30 ibdata1
> -rw-rw----  1 mysql mysql    5242880 Sep 16 17:30 ib_logfile0
> -rw-rw----  1 mysql mysql    5242880 Jan 17  2006 ib_logfile1
>

> I checked every table on all databases.  All are using MYISAM.
>
> innodb section in my.cnf is commented out.

The innodb engine defaults to being enabled, so unless you have
"skip-innodb" in your my.cnf, the engine itself will start and generate
those three files, even if you don't have any InnoDB tables.  Another
set of files starting with "falcon_*" and "maria_*" will appear when
you start mysql 6.0, since those engines create tablespace/log files
too.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped