List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Res Date:September 18 2008 12:35am
Subject:Re: valid chars mysql db username
View as plain text
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Peter Brawley wrote:

>> Thanks, but is there any technical reason where using "@" might break
> something?
>> However if there's even the slightest risk of an implosion, naturally we
> will not.
>
> Eh? Did you read the manual page on identifiers?

I'm not a database administrator (I'm network admin) I have limited work
with mysql, I can do basic things, the only identifiers I am aware of
are as I mentioned earlier, and, the fact you can not use periods for
slashes in table/DB names, so my reading of it all, is that you could
use @, but I was looking for experienced DB admins opinions since as @
also indicates user @ where for mysql privileges, I get the don't, but I
don't get a don't because ...   So you could imagine my response from top
level management when I say "no" and they ask "why not" :)

--
Cheers
Res

"The hopes we had, were much to high, way out of reach, but we have to
try, no need to hide, no need to run, cause all the answers come one by
one. The game will never be over, because we're keeping the dream alive"
-Freiheit
Thread
valid chars mysql db usernameRes17 Sep
  • Re: valid chars mysql db usernamePeter Brawley17 Sep
    • Re: valid chars mysql db usernameRes18 Sep
      • Re: valid chars mysql db usernameMr. Shawn H. Corey18 Sep
        • Re: valid chars mysql db usernameRes18 Sep
      • Re: valid chars mysql db usernamePeter Brawley18 Sep
        • Re: valid chars mysql db usernameRes18 Sep