List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Res Date:September 17 2008 12:36pm
Subject:valid chars mysql db username
View as plain text
Hi All,

Does anyone have a reference to what is regarded a legal valid chars
for the MySQL database username?

You can imagine what google shows me, everything totally irrelevant, as
usual. The best I can find is using hyphen and percents...

I'm looking at using the "@" symbol, if I enclose it in quotes as such
'foo@stripped'@'localhost'  would this work like with other special
chars like "%",  in test this works fine, adding, authing, and deleting,
but is this legal? Could there be downsides to using this format? Could
something I've not considerd break?

TIa

--
Cheers
Res

"The hopes we had, were much to high, way out of reach, but we have to
try, no need to hide, no need to run, cause all the answers come one by
one. The game will never be over, because we're keeping the dream alive"
-Freiheit
Thread
valid chars mysql db usernameRes17 Sep
  • Re: valid chars mysql db usernamePeter Brawley17 Sep
    • Re: valid chars mysql db usernameRes18 Sep
      • Re: valid chars mysql db usernameMr. Shawn H. Corey18 Sep
        • Re: valid chars mysql db usernameRes18 Sep
      • Re: valid chars mysql db usernamePeter Brawley18 Sep
        • Re: valid chars mysql db usernameRes18 Sep