List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sharif islam Date:September 15 2008 3:13pm
Subject:Re: Linked server in MSSQL
View as plain text
On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Andy Shellam
<andy-lists@stripped> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have this exact problem at work trying to connect from a MSSQL 2005
> server to our backup database system (IBM Tivoli) using ODBC.  Basically
> you're right; ODBC support in SQL (MSADSQL) is not supported in 64-bit
> Windows.
>
> Apparently according to the rumour mill 64-bit MSDASQL has been re-instated
> in Windows Server 2008.
>
> However I've just found this on the Microsoft blog:
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/data/archive/2008/04/07/64-bit-oledb-provider-for-odbc-msdasql-is-now-available-for-windows-server-2003.aspx
>
> It looks like they've created it as an additional download for Server 2003.
>
> Andy

Cool! I downloaded the OLE-DB provider from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=000364db-5e8b-44a8-b9be-ca44d18b059b&displaylang=en

Seems to be working fine. Thanks.

--s
Thread
Linked server in MSSQLsharif islam12 Sep
  • Re: Linked server in MSSQLAndy Shellam13 Sep
    • Re: Linked server in MSSQLsharif islam15 Sep