List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:September 1 2008 12:21am
Subject:RE: mysql user and authentication ???
View as plain text
you can use GRANT statement to create and grant privs for a mysql db so users can access
specific host DB servers @'server.domain' specific DB on specific Db Servers
'custom'@'server.domain'specific tables on specific DB customer.*
specific privs (Select_priv,Insert_priv,Update_priv,Delete_priv,Create_priv,Drop_priv) for
those specific tables on specific DBe.g.GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,CREATE,DROP ON
customer.* TO 'custom'@'server.domain' IDENTIFIED BY 'obscure';
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/Managing-MySQL-User-Accounts/1/

HTH/Martin ______________________________________________ Disclaimer and confidentiality
note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of
Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse
distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily
endorse content contained within this transmission. > Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:38:15
-0400> From: alex.katebi@stripped> To: mysql@stripped> Subject: mysql
user and authentication ???> > Hello,> > I just installed the 6.0.6 version
of the mysqld on Linux using the> binary RPM.> The RPM installed all the programs
then it started the mysqld server.> > I read lots of documents about mysql user and
password. But I have no idea> what the users are used for, and how users are
created.> > The Linux root user is the only user that can start and stop the
server. Is> this fact correct?> > Thanks,> -Alex
Get thousands of games on your PC, your mobile phone, and the web with Windows®.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/108588800/direct/01/
Thread
mysql user and authentication ???Alex Katebi1 Sep
  • RE: mysql user and authentication ???Martin Gainty1 Sep