List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Katebi Date:August 31 2008 11:38pm
Subject:mysql user and authentication ???
View as plain text
Hello,

    I just installed the 6.0.6 version of the mysqld on Linux using the
binary RPM.
The RPM installed all the programs then it started the mysqld server.

I read lots of documents about mysql user and password. But I have no idea
what the users are used for, and how users are created.

The Linux root user is the only user that can start and stop the server. Is
this fact correct?

Thanks,
-Alex

Thread
mysql user and authentication ???Alex Katebi1 Sep
  • RE: mysql user and authentication ???Martin Gainty1 Sep