List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jimmy Guerrero Date:August 28 2008 9:06pm
Subject:Re: recommended high availability setups
View as plain text
Hello,

It isn't without its pros and cons (just like any other HA solution), but you might want
to check out DRBD.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/faqs-mysql-drbd-heartbeat.html

-- Jimmy

Bryan Irvine wrote:
> What's the recommended method for high-availability setups?
>
> I've currently got a master-master replication setup that I'm testing
> but it doesn't quite seem as complete a solution as I had pictured.
>
> When a failed server comes back online you still have to manually add
> it based off of the line numbers/binlog correct?  And adding a new DB
> requires reloading the MySQL server?
>
> I've been looking around at other technologies as well like linux-ha.
> What are other people using for systems that have to be up 100% of the
> time but aren't complete nightmares to manage?
>
> TIA!
>
> -Bryan

Thread
recommended high availability setupsBryan Irvine28 Aug
  • Re: recommended high availability setupsJimmy Guerrero28 Aug
    • Re: recommended high availability setupsBryan Irvine28 Aug
    • Re: recommended high availability setupsBryan Irvine28 Aug
      • Re: recommended high availability setupsDan Nelson28 Aug
  • RE: recommended high availability setupsMartin Gainty29 Aug