List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryan Irvine Date:August 28 2008 8:38pm
Subject:recommended high availability setups
View as plain text
What's the recommended method for high-availability setups?

I've currently got a master-master replication setup that I'm testing
but it doesn't quite seem as complete a solution as I had pictured.

When a failed server comes back online you still have to manually add
it based off of the line numbers/binlog correct?  And adding a new DB
requires reloading the MySQL server?

I've been looking around at other technologies as well like linux-ha.
What are other people using for systems that have to be up 100% of the
time but aren't complete nightmares to manage?

TIA!

-Bryan
Thread
recommended high availability setupsBryan Irvine28 Aug
  • Re: recommended high availability setupsJimmy Guerrero28 Aug
    • Re: recommended high availability setupsBryan Irvine28 Aug
    • Re: recommended high availability setupsBryan Irvine28 Aug
      • Re: recommended high availability setupsDan Nelson28 Aug
  • RE: recommended high availability setupsMartin Gainty29 Aug