List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jose Estuardo Avila Date:August 28 2008 2:59pm
Subject:Re: MyIsam Locking Questions
View as plain text
I understand that reads are locked by writes but nowhere does of
mention that reads also block reads.  Boy queries y posted to the list
are selects.

Jose E. Avila(tachu)
Yuku/Kickapps

Sent from mobile device.

On Aug 28, 2008, at 5:48 AM, "Perrin Harkins" <perrin@stripped> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Jose Estuardo Avila
> <tachu@stripped> wrote:
>> Hi, I've been trying to find information on how myisam handles
>> locks. I
>> though myisam had locking only on writes and not on reads.
>
> No, readers block writers.  This true of any system that only has read
> and write locks to work with.  The only reason they don't block in
> InnoDB tables is the MVCC system that lets readers use snapshots while
> writers modify the data.  This is all in the MyISAM section of the
> docs.
>
> - Perrin
Thread
MyIsam Locking QuestionsJose Estuardo Avila28 Aug
  • Re: MyIsam Locking QuestionsPerrin Harkins28 Aug
    • Re: MyIsam Locking QuestionsJose Estuardo Avila28 Aug
      • Re: MyIsam Locking QuestionsDan Nelson28 Aug