List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:August 28 2008 12:48pm
Subject:Re: MyIsam Locking Questions
View as plain text
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Jose Estuardo Avila <tachu@stripped> wrote:
> Hi, I've been trying to find information on how myisam handles locks. I
> though myisam had locking only on writes and not on reads.

No, readers block writers.  This true of any system that only has read
and write locks to work with.  The only reason they don't block in
InnoDB tables is the MVCC system that lets readers use snapshots while
writers modify the data.  This is all in the MyISAM section of the
docs.

- Perrin
Thread
MyIsam Locking QuestionsJose Estuardo Avila28 Aug
  • Re: MyIsam Locking QuestionsPerrin Harkins28 Aug
    • Re: MyIsam Locking QuestionsJose Estuardo Avila28 Aug
      • Re: MyIsam Locking QuestionsDan Nelson28 Aug