List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Gainty Date:August 27 2008 11:53am
Subject:RE: Time Zone Support
View as plain text
you'll need to set the datetime function before presenting date/time to the user
http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_date_default_timezone_set.asp

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content
contained within this transmission.

> From: larentium@stripped
> To: mysql@stripped
> CC: larentium@stripped
> Subject: Time Zone Support
> Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 22:26:36 -0600
>
> Hi,
>
> We need to add support for time zone to our existing PHP "Board Member" Extranet
> applications.  Could those of you with experience supporting a time zone field in your
> MySQL data tables offer some advice?  Would you use a single field?  Would you use just an
> offset value?  How would you represent the information on presentation data?  How would
> you list the time zone options in your form dropdowns?  Would you use a separate time zone
> table to support the offset values, an abbreviated time zone, a full time zone name and a
> daylight savings time value?
>
> We greatly appreciate any advice you can offer.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge...
>
> Keith

Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger.  Find out how.
http://www.windowslive.com/explore/messenger?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_messenger_yahoo_082008
Thread
Time Zone SupportKeith Spiller27 Aug
  • RE: Time Zone SupportMartin Gainty27 Aug