List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Spiller Date:August 27 2008 4:26am
Subject:Time Zone Support
View as plain text
Hi,

We need to add support for time zone to our existing PHP "Board Member" Extranet
applications.  Could those of you with experience supporting a time zone field in your
MySQL data tables offer some advice?  Would you use a single field?  Would you use just
an offset value?  How would you represent the information on presentation data?  How
would you list the time zone options in your form dropdowns?  Would you use a separate
time zone table to support the offset values, an abbreviated time zone, a full time zone
name and a daylight savings time value?

We greatly appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge...

Keith

Thread
Time Zone SupportKeith Spiller27 Aug
  • RE: Time Zone SupportMartin Gainty27 Aug