List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Lyons Date:August 24 2008 2:55pm
Subject:Re: ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already exists
View as plain text
The command that's failing evidently is the "drop table columns_priv" which
is why you're getting the error message:

*ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already exists*

I assume you're trying to restore the mysql database from a backup and the
script is trying to re-create the privileges tables.  You cannot create a
table that already exists, so you must drop it first.  When you installed a
mysql instance on the new server of course it put in a mysql database,
that's required.  You're now trying to replace it with the mysql database
from your previous instance.  You have to replace the old mysql database
with the new mysql database.  You do understand the difference between the
mysql *database* and the mysql *instance*, right?

--
Jim Lyons
Web developer / Database administrator
http://www.weblyons.com
Thread
ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already existsDeniss Hennesy22 Aug
  • Re: ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already existsJim Lyons22 Aug
Re: ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already existsJim Lyons22 Aug
Re: ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already existsJim Lyons24 Aug
  • Re: ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already existsJim Lyons24 Aug
    • RE: ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already existsJerry Schwartz25 Aug
  • Re: ERROR 1050 ( ) at line : Table 'columns_priv' already existsDeniss Hennesy25 Aug