List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Lyons Date:August 22 2008 12:57pm
Subject:Re: multiple mysql service on the same server
View as plain text
You really need different config files if you're going to log anything or if
you need different server ids.  You should also use different sockets.  You
can stop a specific server by specifying the host on the mysqladmin shutdown
command.

I did it by keeping everything different, including the names of the my.cnf
files, so it would be easy to distinguish the servers in a "ps -ef" command.

--
Jim Lyons
Web developer / Database administrator

Thread
multiple mysql service on the same serverAnanda Kumar22 Aug
  • Re: multiple mysql service on the same serverJim Lyons22 Aug
    • Re: multiple mysql service on the same serverAnanda Kumar24 Aug
      • Re: multiple mysql service on the same serverAnanda Kumar24 Aug
        • Re: multiple mysql service on the same serverchaim.rieger24 Aug