List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pintér Tibor Date:August 20 2008 7:10am
Subject:Re: convert week of the year into a date string
View as plain text
Ananda Kumar írta:
> Hi All,
> I think i worked on this and found the results.
>

> I did the below.
>
> 1. Multiplied the week_of_the_year with 7 (7 days per week), to get the
> total number of days from begning of the year.
>
> 2. used mysql function makedate
>    makedate(year,number of days from the start of the year)
>   makedate(2008,224)
> select makedate(2008,224);
> +--------------------+
> | makedate(2008,224) |
> | 2008-08-11         |

this is definitely wrong, since you dont care about the fact that the
frist day of the year is not always Monday

or do I misunderstand something?

convert week of the year into a date stringAnanda Kumar19 Aug
Re: convert week of the year into a date stringAnanda Kumar20 Aug
  • Re: convert week of the year into a date stringPintér Tibor20 Aug
    • Re: convert week of the year into a date stringJoerg Bruehe20 Aug
      • Re: convert week of the year into a date stringPhil20 Aug